There has been a Farm Shop on the Planters site at Orchard Farm for over 20 years. And the reason is obvious…it’s a great location, right on the A21, with plenty of local producers all around us! Surrounded by open farmland, within a few miles we also have vineyards, fruit and honey farms, wholesale nurseries and so much more!
Our farm shop is packed with fresh produce, much of which is locally sourced. There is a butcher’s counter (see own page) and fresh, locally-produced breads, as well as wines, local beers and Sussex Ciders. Our family owners live locally and have a handmade pie company in Bodiam, whose products are also available in-store.
Farm Shop opening hours:
Monday – Thursday 8am – 7pm / Friday 8am – 8pm / Saturday 8am – 6pm -/ Sunday 10am – 4pm
Fruit & Vegetables
Best local produce when in season, supporting local farmers including:
- Cherries from Dallaways of Sandhurst
- Plums, Pears, Raspberries and Cob Nuts from Maynards of Ticehurst
- Dequincy Apples from Salehurst
- Asparagus and Strawberries from Ladysden of Goudhurst
- Potatoes from AE Wrout from Romney
- Exotics brought down daily from New Covent Garden
Serving fresh breads from local bakeries: Rye Bakery, Plaxtol Bakery, Lighthouse Bakery at Bodiam
Fully stocked fresh meat butchery, staffed by friendly and knowledgeable butcher
Lamb from Montague Hankham Estate, Pevensey. Beef from Holmes Farm, Bexhill. Free Range Chicken and Pork.
- Full range of cheeses from Curd and Cure of Cranbrook
- Milk and butters from local Hinxden Dairy Farm
- Carter’s Eggs from Catsfield
- Ice Creams from Taywells of Paddock Wood and Downsview Farm House
- Luxury biscuits and crackers from Cartwright and Butler
- Rices, Beans and Pulses from Infinity Foods of Brighton
- Gourmade ready meals of Chichester
- Cured meats from Beal’s Charcuterie of Chailey
- Fruit juices from Owlets of Lamberhurst
- Pies from the Bodiam Meat and Pie Co.
- Quiches and Sausage Rolls from the Planter’s Kitchen
- Fully stocked beer selection from Sussex Breweries – Harvey’s and Long Man
- Local wines from Carr Taylor and Sedlescombe Vineyards
- Ciders from Norman Hunt & Sons of Sedlescombe and Biddenden Ciders
- Full range of wines from around the world together with a selection spirits